Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Episode 3: Even Extremely Interesting Persons Have Bad Days

It’s a dreary rainy/icy day here, and if only it were a few degrees colder we would be in the middle of a nor’easter and I’d be at home sipping hot chocolate. My day hasn’t been going so well so I decided that I was going to treat myself to a taco salad on my lunch break – but my venture into the weather didn’t turn out so good. Although, it ended up to be extremely fascinating. Listen carefully to the sequence of events, and learn from my mistakes.

  1. I go out to the parking lot and sit down in my car only to realize that the seat is soaked and now so is the seat of my pants.
  2. I go home to change my pants.
  3. I drive towards the restaurant and park on the street.
  4. As I step out of my car I firmly plant both feet ankle deep in an ice cold puddle.
  5. I walk down - schlop schlopping all of the way – to the restaurant I have chosen to go to and have been dreaming about all morning long.
  6. Oh, did I forget to mention its pouring rain and I forgot my umbrella so I’m getting rained on.
  7. The restaurant is closed.
  8. I decide to go to a different restaurant and start walking in the opposite direction.
  9. By the way - its pouring rain and I forgot my umbrella so I’m getting rained on – heavily.
  10. I enter the restaurant, mildly enjoy a mediocre lunch, and overtip the crappy waitress even though she sucked and made we wait so long for the check that I am now running late.
  11. I walk back to my car.
  12. It’s still pouring rain.
  13. In order to avoid stepping in the puddle again I talk a small detour.
  14. I slip and fall directly into said puddle.
  15. I observe a group of college students across the street laughing and pointing at my blunder.
  16. I get into my car and drive home to change my pants a second time.

And so it goes –

No comments: